We are hiring Food Hub Team Members 01/06/2016, Jobs
Love food? Want to work in sustainability? We’re reinventing food shopping. By sourcing food directly from award winning producers in Somerset and Gloucestershire we reduce food miles and eliminate the need for days or weeks of haulage and storage. Most of the food we sell is baked, caught, cooked, cut, laid, picked or produced just before being delivered to customers’ kitchens. Fresher food means better tasting food and richer nutritional value. With a purpose of creating exceptional food shopping experiences and creating food security for generations to come, we produce happy customers and happy producers with happy team members. We seek individuals who pride themselves on their commitment, innovation, cooperation and honesty to join our team.
Salary: Between £7.00 and £8.30 per hour depending on experience
You will be required to work shifts of up to 10 hours/day, up to 40 hours/week including weekends. Some shifts start at 6am. Based at our new food hub in Keynsham near Bristol.
We are looking for friendly, responsible staff to pick and pack fresh food products promptly to our customers at commercial businesses, in the public sector and at private households. You will represent our company in a professional and effective manner consistent with our company values, aiming to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will be working alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the warehouse and the highest standards of care towards our customers.
- During your work shifts, you are responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the operations of the depot, including:
- To coordinate the work schedule to ensure that food deliveries (in and out) are dealt with effectively.
- To build and maintain good working relationships with food producers and suppliers.
- To be willing to cover aspects of shifts at short notice
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Loading and unloading the vehicles in an order that matches the delivery schedules.
- Keeping all required records, logs and paperwork accurate and up-to-date.
- Updating delivery records, including use of IT equipment
- Asking for feedback on provided services and resolving customers’ queries.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with team members, managers and customers verbally, via email, phone and writing.
- To ensure that food movements are accurately logged on online management systems.
- To assist the Operations Manager with depot administration in a timely way.
- Organise and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilise reports to project warehouse status.
- To ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and other standards applicable to the building, vehicles, refrigeration equipment, our staff, carrying out risk assessments as required.
- To assist the Operations Manager with making improvements to the way that we work; for example, evaluating services.
- Ideally some working experience in other similar food business or warehousing operation.
- A passion for food and/or sustainability.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills.
- A pre-existing forklift truck license is ideal but not essential
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective ‘on the spot’ decisions.
- Good team working skills, including both the ability to delegate and to develop others with a positive approach.
- Sound numeracy skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Good organisational skills including an attention to detail, an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal well with different customers
- Application deadline: midnight, Wednesday 15th June 2016
- Please note: We will review applications as they come in and will schedule interviews on an individual basis.
- Job start date: As appropriate from 16th June onwards.
To apply please email your C.V. and a covering letter outlining your interest and how you meet the job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about fresh-range click here