We are hiring drivers 19/05/2016, Jobs
Love food? Want to work in sustainability? Come and join the fresh-range team in Bristol & Bath...
We are reinventing food shopping. By sourcing food directly from award winning producers in Somerset and Gloucestershire we reduce food miles and eliminate the need for days or weeks of haulage and storage. Most of the food we sell is baked, caught, cooked, cut, laid, picked or produced just before being delivered to customers’ kitchens. Fresher food means better tasting food and richer nutritional value.
With a purpose of creating exceptional food shopping experiences and creating food security for generations to come, we produce happy customers and happy producers with happy team members. We seek individuals who pride themselves on their commitment, innovation, cooperation and honesty to join our team.
We are looking for friendly, responsible delivery drivers to distribute fresh food products promptly to our customers at commercial businesses, in the public sector and at private households. You will represent our company in a professional and effective manner consistent with our company values, aiming to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will deliver up to 1000kg of products a day and some deliveries will involve a walk from the van. You will have between 10 and 30 drops per shift.
Salary: £8.30 p/hour
Hours: You may be required to work shifts of up to 10 hours/day and up to 40 hours/week including weekends. Some shifts start at 6am and some can finish at 10pm. Deliveries cover the Bristol, South Gloucestershire, North Somerset and Bath area.
- Delivering a wide variety of items to different addresses and on different routes.
- Collecting goods from a depot, warehouse and/or pick-up point.
- Loading the vehicle in an order that matches the deliveries you will make.
- Following the designated route and time schedule.
- Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting and operating delivery vehicle.
- Keeping all required records, logs and paperwork accurate and up-to-date.
- Updating delivery records, often using a hand-held computer/smart phone.
- Asking for feedback on provided services and resolving customers’ queries.
- Building the relationship with customers and Informing them of new products and services.
- Following DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with team members, managers and customers verbally, via email, phone and writing.
- Ideally some working experience as a multi-drop delivery driver.
- A passion for food and/or sustainability.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective ‘on the spot’ decisions.
- Good team working skills, including both the ability to delegate and to develop others with a positive approach.
- Sound numeracy skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Good organisational skills including an attention to detail, an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal well with different customers
- Application deadline: midnight, Wednesday 15th June 2016
- Please note: We will review applications as they arrive in and will schedule interviews on an individual basis.
- Job start date: As appropriate from 16th June onwards.
To apply please email your C.V. and a covering letter outlining your interest and how you meet the job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information about fresh-range.