Spooky Stuffed Peppers 19/10/2017, Recipes
It's October half-term and nearly Halloween. You may well be in need of some easy, creative projects. Don't panic, because we have complied a series of kid-friendly recipes for you to try. These spooky stuffed peppers are great for all ages to make (just make sure an adult helps with the carving). The peppers are healthy too, counting towards one of your five-a-day. Watch us making the recipe on the fresh-range.com Youtube channel.
Tip: If you're making party or buffet food, the peppers look best uncooked. Skip step 8 if you'd like to present the peppers.
Recipe makes six stuffed peppers.
- 6 x Orange Pepper or 3 x Large Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 250g Organic Long Grain White Rice
- 1l Bouillon Stock
- handful Frozen Peas
- Place the oil in a large pan (we will be adding the rice to this later), and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, and fry for a further minute.
- Add the rice, and fry for two more minutes.
- Pour in the stock, and simmer until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the rice from the heat, stir in the frozen peas, and set aside.
- Clean the seeds from the peppers. Make sure to keep the top.
- Using a knife, cut two eyes and a mouth on the front of the peppers (see photograph for reference).
- Microwave the peppers for approximately four minutes, until they have softened.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture.