Freelance Social Media Assistant 28/11/2017, Jobs
Fresh-range is looking for a freelance social media assistant to work across our different online platforms. The role will report to specific KPIs around developing our online presence and driving engagement, awareness, followers and conversion. You will need a passion for food and sustainability and ideally live in or around Bristol and Bath.
If you have experience of working across multi-channel social media for a company or organisation, are digitally savvy, a great writer and able to hit the ground running, please view the further details below and get in touch. No agencies please.
Freelance Social Media Assistant - brief
10 hours per week, ideally worked across multiple days.
Fresh-range is looking for a freelance social media assistant to increase our presence and engagement across a number of different online platforms.
We’re changing food supply for good in Bristol and Bath. By sourcing food directly from local producers, we reduce food miles and eliminate the need for days or weeks of haulage and storage. Our prices are fairer for both producers and customers. With a purpose of creating exceptional food experiences and creating food security for generations to come, we produce happy customers, happy producers and happy team members.
We work with individuals who believe in ethical, sustainable food and pride themselves on their commitment, innovation, cooperation and honesty.
We deliver to homes, schools, universities, restaurants and more. Our target customers are not only retail customers with home deliveries, but also foodservice which includes chefs and caterers.
Social Media Assistant Role
Objective: Establish awareness of and enduring interest in fresh-range amongst our target demographics across different social media platforms.
You will be switched on, digitally savvy, and able to hit the ground running, and will be working to specific KPIs around developing our online presence and driving engagement, awareness, followers and conversion.
- Work with Communications Manager to execute social media strategy, making sure messaging and audience identification is consistent with our target customer demographics across multiple channels.
- Build the fresh-range social media community across multiple platforms, building lists and followers and targeting engagement. For example, searching out and engaging with the right communities for our target demographics and engaging our producer community.
- Generate, edit, publish and share original daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. Be able to manipulate existing images.
- Create editorial calendars and schedules
- Moderate user-generated content
- Make sure all content is accurate, well written and in line with our social media strategy, tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Be aware of and respond to best practice, trends and future developments on each platform.
- Incorporate organic engagement and paid shares within the strategy for each platform.
- Continuously improve by capturing, analysing and sharing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices in regular reports, and acting on the information.
Skills and Experience
You must have:
- Experience of working across multi-channel social media for a company or organisation
- Excellent writing skills and a friendly, approachable tone of voice
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with and manipulate images
- Experience of using social media management platforms
- Knowledge of the Bristol and Bath areas
- Ability to plan, prioritise and be organised
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
The following would be an advantage:
- A passion for food and/or sustainability
- Able to easily travel to Bristol or Keynsham when necessary
To express your interest:
Please send a short proposal (maximum two sides of A4 – describing how you would approach and fulfill the above brief and including your hourly rate) and a CV to Claire Harper, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 7 December 2017.