We are hiring Saturday Team Members 13/09/2016, Jobs
Love food? Want to work in sustainability? We’re reinventing food shopping. By sourcing food directly from award winning producers in Somerset and Gloucestershire we reduce food miles and eliminate the need for days or weeks of haulage and storage. Most of the food we sell is baked, caught, cooked, cut, laid, picked or produced just before being delivered to customers’ kitchens. Fresher food means better tasting food and richer nutritional value. With a purpose of creating exceptional food shopping experiences and creating food security for generations to come, our aim is happy customers, producers and team members. We seek individuals who pride themselves on their commitment, innovation, cooperation and honesty to join our team.
Salary: Between £7.00 and £8.30 per hour depending on experience
You will be required to work Saturdays for 10 hours from 7am to 5.30pm or 10am to 8.30pm (with a half hour unpaid lunch break). Based at our food hub in Keynsham near Bristol.
We are looking for friendly, responsible staff to pick and pack fresh food products promptly to our customers at commercial businesses, in the public sector and at private households. Please note this role involves working in a chilled environment and includes some heavy lifting of packages up to 25kg in weight. You will represent our company in a professional and effective manner consistent with our company values, aiming to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will be working alongside fellow Hub Fulfilment Team members and the Operations Manager to achieve the highest standards of care towards our customers.
- During your work shifts, you are responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the operations of the hub:
- Implement our food safety management system which involves following strict hygiene controls and executing hub cleaning schedules
- Coordinate food deliveries (food in and out)
- Be willing to cover aspects of shifts at short notice
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Load and unload the vehicles in an order that matches the delivery schedules.
- Keep all required records, logs and paperwork accurate and up-to-date.
- Update delivery records, including use of IT equipment.
- Ask for feedback on provided services and resolving customers’ queries.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members, managers and customers verbally, via email, phone and writing.
- Ensure that food movements are accurately logged on online management systems.
- Assist the Operations Manager with hub administration in a timely way.
- Organise and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilise reports to project warehouse status.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and other standards applicable to the building, vehicles, refrigeration equipment, our staff, carrying out risk assessments as required.
- A passion for food and/or sustainability.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Physically fit and strong
- The following is ideal but not mandatory:
- A pre-existing forklift truck license
- Some working experience in other similar food business or warehousing operation
- A full, clean UK driving license
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective ‘on the spot’ decisions.
- Good team working skills, including both the ability to delegate and to develop others with a positive approach.
- Sound numeracy skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Good organisational skills including an attention to detail, an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal well with different customers
- We are seeking team members to start work immediately.
To apply please email your C.V. and a covering letter outlining your interest and how you meet the job specification to email@example.com. For more information about fresh-range click here