Organic Beef and Courgette Burgers 14/08/2016, Recipes
This month, we paid a visit to Heron's Green Farm to meet The Story Organic. Farmer, Luke Hasell, has won accolades with The Story Organic Meats, including The Soil Association Gold award. After witnessing the immense care of the North and South Devon cattle, this comes as no surprise. The cattle are free to roam the lush pastures of Herons Green Farm, and are fed on natural grass diets. To celebrate The Story Organic, we are bringing you a collection of simple and delicious recipes.
This recipe for Organic Beef and Courgette burgers serves 4.
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 400g organic extra lean beef mince
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp organic tomato purée
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 floury baps
- 2 tomatoes
- handful mixed salad leaves
- Grate the courgette and onion, and add to a mixing bowl
- Chop the garlic into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Add the herbs, tomato purée and mince, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the mix into four balls of equal size, and press flat into a burger shape, approximately 2cm in height.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a frying pan.
- Fry the burgers for approximately 5 minutes each side, until they are nicely browned.
- Layer the burgers in the baps with mixed leaves and tomato slices.