Gluten-free Breakfast Wraps 17/07/2016, Recipes
This month we are celebrating gluten-free foods, in partnership with Batch#5. Last week on the blog, we visited Batch#5 in Farrington Gurney to meet managing director, Mark Slevin. Since Mark's granddaughter was diagnosed with coeliac disease, he has made it his mission to eradicate the risk of cross-contamination, and to provide no-gluten foods that taste just as good as their gluten-containing alternatives. In this series of recipes, we will be featuring some of Batch#5's products, and sharing some simple and delicious ways for you to prepare them.
Our breakfast wrap recipe makes for an easy and delicious breakfast or brunch. This recipe makes 4 servings. All ingredients are available on our website, simply follow the links to head to their pages.
- 4x Batch#5 gluten-free wraps
- 6x eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 8 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Begin by frying the bacon on medium-high heat until it is crispy. Set aside when complete.
- Place the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- At medium-high heat, melt the butter into a frying pan, and add the scrambled egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, stir them with a wooden spoon or spatula. Once they are cooked, set them aside.
- Begin assembling the wraps by heating them very briefly in the oven or microwave, this helps to keep them soft and flexible.
- Layer one quarter of the scrambled eggs and cheese onto each wrap, and top with two rashers of bacon.
- Fold your wraps, and enjoy a delicious gluten-free breakfast.