Gluten-free Bread and Butter Pudding 01/08/2016, Recipes
This month we are celebrating gluten-free food. Using products from our Batch#5 range, we will be bringing you a series of simple and delicious gluten-free recipes. In case you've missed any of our recipes, we have already made some easy breakfast wraps, and bacon and asparagus pizza. Many of the ingredients used in these recipes were made in the South West, meaning they both taste great, and their purchase supports local producers.
For our final Batch#5 recipe we will be making a bread and butter pudding. This recipe serves 8, and all ingredients are available to buy on the fresh-range website.
- 50g butter
- gluten-free white delight loaf
- 80g sultanas
- 250ml whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 3tbsp demerara sugar
- Grease a pie dish with butter.
- Slice the bread, and cut each slice in half to form two triangles.
- Butter each slice, and stack along the pie dish with the butter side facing upwards.
- Sprinkle the sultanas and a little cinnamon over the bread.
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and heat on low-medium, so that it warms but does not boil.
- In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the eggs.
- Add the demerara sugar to the eggs and whisk again.
- To form the custard, pour the warm milk and cream mixture to the eggs, mixing as you pour.
- Pour the custard over the bread, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C whilst you wait.
- Bake the pudding for 30-50 minutes, until the bread looks slightly browned.