Gluten-free Bacon and Asparagus Pizza 24/07/2016, Recipes
In this recipe, we will be making a wonderfully simple bacon and asparagus pizza that serves 2.
- Gluten-free pizza base
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- 6-8 pieces of asparagus shoots
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- a dash of olive oil
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170C.
- Spray a pizza tray with cooking oil, or line with greaseproof paper.
- Place your pizza base on the baking tray, and cover evenly with grated cheddar cheese.
- Cut the bacon rashers into small pieces, and scatter over the cheese layer.
- One by one peel the asparagus. To do this, rest one shoot of asparagus against the side of a chopping board. Holding the firm end of the asparagus shoot, run a potato peeler towards the top of the shoot. Repeat this motion until you have peeled the whole shoot. Repeat this step until you have peeled all of the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Mix the oil and salt into the asparagus strips with your hands to ensure even coverage.
- Scatter the oiled asparagus onto the pizza.
- Place your pizza in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, slice and serve.